I just realised that despite all that I have to tell about it, I posted only one picture of my last Daenerys costume !
I made it for Japan Expo, last july.
The outfit is based on promotional pictures (of Season 3) from the Magazine "Entertainment Weekly".
Picture is by N8e Photography
, thank you Kristof, you just made my day with this picture !!! *_*
It may not be obvious, but this costume was a real pain to make and is part of the most time-consuming costume I've ever made ! (If you wanna know why, just check the rest of the album.
I put muuuuuuch more effort into this costume than expected, and I'm still really disapointed about my work.
From the beginning of the construction untill a few days before the con, I wasn't sure weither I'd wear it or not.
I finally managed to finish it on time and decided to wear it for two reasons :
- a really good friend of mine ( Mystry cosplay) cheered me up ! Even when I was complaining about my work and thinking about giving up, she kept saying to me that I couldn't give up considering all the work and energy I'd put into it so far (and she was right about this point) and that the result was worth it (not sure about that one
- I was quite happy with the soundtrack I prepared for my stage skit and I knew that I'd have a lot fun performing it on the awesome Japan Expo stage.
In the end, even if I had much trouble with everying on the costume (I didn't have the time to quilt the blue tunic, I had to make the skirt with already-pleated fabric because I couldn't find any material holding pleats, the wig wasn't suiting my at all and it almost burnt the day before the con...) I'm really happy I made it !
As expected, I had much fun on the stage, and even received a price for the costume... that was incredible !
I still have to improve almost everything on it, but I'm not sure when I'll find the time (and motivation !) to do it. ) Costume details :
See some WIP pictures on my FB page
or follow the link belows in the description.
The wig was a straight long blond wig that I waved (using foam rools boiling water) and styled myself.
The tunic (most difficult cosplay element I ever made, seriously) was HELL to pattern (14 pieces...) and to paint ! It took me days, and days, and days... I used a mix of white gold painting and gold power to have this effect. Click here
for more details and pictures.
The belt is made of "Worbla". I cut the pattern with a dremel, then I added 4 layers of woodglue (to smooth the surface) and painted it gold with golden wax (so it's not too shiny). Click here
for more details and pictures.
the skirt has two layers : one circle skirt of cream heavy chiffon, one pleated skirt made with already pleated chiffon (2,50m of fabric at the waist, yup !). I was supposed to make a HUGE circle skirt with tiny pleats at the top and large ones at the bottom but it was extremely difficult, due to the fuildity of the fabric, I ran out of time to make it as I wanted...! More pictures :
If you have any further question, see more WIP picture on my FB page
, or just ask !