Well, I already have tons of good pics of the costume of 2011 but since I remade from scratch and improved many many parts of the costume itself and accessories, I really wanted to do some more !
Here is a first a picture of the yesterday's shooting I did with a really talented photographer, N8e Photography
and two lovely assistants : Saphar and Velvet Steel.
Thank you so much for this super nice afternoon guys !
We went in the "old Lyon", which a really beautiful district in my town.
It was really stressful and uncomfortable to have to dress up in the middle of the streets but since I was spending time with funny and nice friends, it was totally alright !
We had much much much trouble moving do different places due to suitcases, accessories, and most of all, my "shoes of the doom" on the paving stones that was kinda dangerous to walk on for me ! XD
The costume was first build in 2011 but I decided to improve it to enter the Eurocosplay French selections in Nice, last April.
For the occasion, I've spent several weeks redoing things from scratch and improving some others.
You can see many WIP pictures (and more are coming!) on my FB Page
. Costume details :
I've remade from scratch and improved many things :
- Nago, the cat-umbrella (I remade it with black fur and red lycra to give him a "cat" appearence. The head can be removed. Because of the weight I broke 3 umbrella before the con... I worked really hard on it.
- Gii, the bat plushie. I really like this V2, I spent much time on it !
(Here is the tutorial I tried to make about it : Part 1 Part 2.
- all the cross-shaped ornaments with embroideries on the edges(SO time consuming...)
- red "wings"
- shoes (they were lightened and almost all details were remade)
- and many details (red bow, grey top back shape, minor improvements...)
I must say I'm happy with how it turned out ! I spent all my time (and moneyyyyy u___u) on this improvments for several weeks untill the last minute, and I think it was worth it.
If you have any further question, see more WIP picture on my FB page
, or just ask ! More pictures :